Hemp oil refers to the oil extract of either hemp seeds or the aerial parts (stalk, stem, leaves, flower) of a hemp plant. When using hemp oil products, it is important to distinguish between the two. Hemp seed oil is mostly used for nutritional purposes, given that it has a high concentration of monounsaturated fats and important omega fatty acids. Hemp oil made from aerial plant extract, on the other hand (like the products we sell here at Premium Jane), can be used for a variety of wellness purposes.
In this article, our team takes a look at what hemp oil is actually good for, and how it can help you lead a happier, healthier, more balanced life.
What Is Hemp Oil Good for? Well, That Depends…
As we said, hemp seed oil benefits are mostly prized for their nutritional value. Authentic hemp extract oil, on the other hand, can be used for a variety of purposes, including:
- Supporting a sense of calm and focus*
- Helping balance appetite and lose weight*
- Repairing damaged skin and dry hair*
- Helping with exercise-induced inflammation*
What’s interesting about hemp benefits is that they are not linear in nature; in other words, taking a higher dose of something like a full spectrum of hemp extract does not directly equate to stronger effects. The effects of hemp extract products (including gummies, capsules, topicals, etc) are inherently coordinated with the body’s endocannabinoid system. Thus, to answer the question ‘what is hemp oil good for,’ it really depends on the product you’re using, and what exactly you’re trying to achieve in terms of results.
Hemp Oil Benefits for the Skin
Using hemp oil for skin can have powerful and incredibly beneficial effects. Research shows that hemp oil benefits your skin in a variety of ways, including acting as a natural moisturizer and working as an anti-inflammatory to removide oxidative stress on skin cells. Quality hemp topicals may even be able to reduce rewrinkles and make skin appear brighter, healthier, and more youthful.
Additional hemp skincare benefits include:
- Supports naturally occurring oils in the skin*
- Optimizes natural moisturization*
- Potentially helps reduce wrinkles by revitalizing and conditioning the skin*
- May prevent acne breakouts and pimples by reducing inflammation*
How to Use Hemp Oil on the Skin
Using hemp oil for the skin is straightforward; simply apply a small amount of topical cream or lotion to the problem area, and massage thoroughly until the product has been fully absorbed. The active ingredients in hemp topicals can take awhile to take effect, so don’t be impatient if you don’t notice instantaeous results.
It’s also important to make the distinction between hemp oils and hemp topicals. Hemp oils are consumed sublingually by placing drops of oil beneath the tongue, while hemp topicals (including creams, lotions, and salves) are designed to be applied directly to the skin. At Premium Jane, we offer a selection of topical hemp oil skincare products – including salves, creams, and cleansers – that are specially formulated for direct application use.
Hemp Oil Benefits Your Hair and Nails, Too
While there isn’t a large body of research on the benefits of hemp seed oil for hair and nails, it appears to have a similar (if not stronger) effect as it does when applied to the skin. In fact, hemp oil may be able to:
- Stop the hair from absorbing too much moisture
- Stop toxic substances from getting into hair follicles
- Prevent splitting and breakage by lubricating hair shaft follicles
- Support and retain moisturization levels on the scalp
How to Use Hemp Oil on Hair
If you’re interested in using hemp oil for hair, you can simply apply it to damp, towel-dried hair after a shower. Just a little bit goes a long way, however – squeeze out of a full dropper of oil in the palm of your hand, and simply massage into the hair and scalp. Do not apply a topical cream or lotion to your hair.
There are also options here in Australia to buy hemp shampoo, but the beneficial effects of the hemp compounds in these type of products often end up getting lost in the dozens of other chemicals and compounds that make up the shampoo.
Summary on Hemp Oil Benefits
After exploring some of the benefits of hemp oil, it should be clear that high-quality products can provide tremendous benefit across a variety of uses – including cosmetic benefits for the skin and hair, as well as therapeutic uses of hemp oil. All things considered, hemp oil can potentially help users reap a variety of benefits, both from a cosmetic standpoint and from a health standpoint.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this dive into the world of hemp oil benefits; as always, remember to exercise proper caution with hemp oil, just like you would with any other product. There’s always a chance of side effects, so consulting with a doctor before experimenting is an excellent idea!
*This claim has not been evaluated or tested by the Food and Drug Administration. This product should not be used with the intention to cure, treat or prevent disease.
600mg Mint Chocolate Hemp Tincture$110.00Rated 4.75 out of 58 reviews
- Contains 600mg of premium hemp extract
- Natural chocolate mint flavour
- Lab-tested for purity, potency, and safety
- Vegan-friendly, non-GMO
- Crafted with organic hemp, free from pesticides and solvents
750mg Eucalyptus Hemp Topical Salve (2oz)$99.00Rated 4.8 out of 55 reviews
- Infused with soothing eucalyptus oil
- Contains 750mg of hemp
- Lab-verified as non-intoxicating
- No artificial colouring, artificial flavouring, or animal-derived ingredients
- Crafted with all-natural, non-GMO hemp
- An organic formulation, free from any pesticides, herbicides, solvents, and heavy metals
1000mg Citrus Hemp Tincture (30ml)$160.00Rated 4.86 out of 57 reviews
- Refreshing and light citrus flavour
- Highest amount of hemp per serve (25mg)
- Sourced from non-GMO, organic hemp
- Crafted with an easy-to-use dropper
- >Suitable for vegans
- Grown without herbicides or pesticides